Monday 16 April 2012

Almost there!

Wow, I cannot believe that any day now I could have this baby. It's also crazy to believe that I could realistically be pregnant for a whole month yet. Babies are funny business :) We are so excited to meet this little stinker, so I hope he doesn't wait a whole month!

Every midwife appointment we have we listen to his heartbeat, they take my blood pressure and measure my uterus (which is just stretching a tape measure on my belly from the bottom of the uterus to the top). For the past couple appointments I have had, the midwives (I see lots of different ones) have said that my uterus seems a bit small or is not measuring quite what it should be. Last week at my appointment it was 5cm less than what it is suppose to be. Anything more than 2 or 3 cm off is suspicious. What this means is that on Thursday we get to see baby again! We go in for an ultrasound just to see how big they think he is and to see if something has possibly caused him to stop growing. In order to have a home birth, the baby has to be at least 5 pounds 10 oz, I think or something around that. We would really love to have this baby at home so I'm hoping that we find out on Thursday that he is bigger than they think he is :) I never thought I would be hoping for a bigger baby! I know that this baby is in the Lords hands and nothing is more comforting than knowing that God is in control. Whatever the outcome, that is what God has planned for us.

Last week seemed like an emotional roller coaster. I wanted so badly to be with all the people that we know that are hurting and going through really tough situations. Sometimes we get so caught up in the here and now and we forget that God is good all the time. He does not change. We may go through suffering and hardship, but that is nothing compared to the future glory we will have. I feel like I could go on forever about that, but you can just read Romans 8 and Paul will explain it better than me.

Our lives are about to change in a very huge way. We are excited, but would appreciate prayer for the weeks ahead. We have about a month and a half left of our second semester and then we start building our jungle camp house, which we will live in for four weeks. Between having a newborn, finishing up classes, having family visit and preparing for jungle camp, we are going to be some busy people. Please pray that God would give us strength and endurance for these next few months!

Baby Kendo- Week 38!

2 comments:

  1. Imagine me singing: girl look at that body, girl look at that body...ok so not a totally appropriate song...but that's what came to my head.

    You hair is ready for jungle camp. You could use it to make ropes to keep your house together.

    You still have no butt

    Love me

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine had a belly/baby that measured small in her measurements and ultrasound measurements so they went through a bunch of do-to wondering about baby, placenta, fluid levels and going through with inducement just to find that her baby was a perfect weight (7.5 lbs at almost 40 weeks) with a perfectly functioning placenta and plenty of fluid. After it was over they said it was her long torso that hid the baby's actual size.

    All that to say that the Lord hold Baby Kendo in His hands. And He's already got His birthday planned! It will be exciting to see him in another ultrasound, though! We had one with Graham at 36 weeks to determine baby position and it was so precious to see our babe on the screen! And I'm praying for you, friend! You're about to embark on the most difficult of endeavors (labor) with the most rewarding of results (your baby!).

    ReplyDelete